In our Once-A-Month cooking, this recipe keeps popping up. We try new things all the time, but this quiche keeps beckoning us. It is a fail-safe, tried-and-true freezable breakfast. It’s healthy, full of savory flavor, and here’s the kicker, incredibly easy to prep and bake. Serve with a dollop of sour cream and you got yourself a tasty breakfast!
Sun-dried Tomato Zucchini Quiche
Here’s what you’ll need:
1/2 – 1 cup shredded zucchini
1/3 cup milk
2 green onions, diced
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Two frozen deep-dish pie shells
Seasonings: salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, red pepper flakes etc.
1. Assemble the frozen pie shells, first layer with cheese, then zucchini, green onions and tomatoes.
2. In a bowl, whisk eggs, milk, and seasonings together. Pour into pie pan.
3. To serve immediately, bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes.
To make ahead, freeze, and dine on later:
- Do steps 1 and 2.
- Cover unbaked quiche with plastic wrap then foil. Place in freezer.
- When ready to eat, take plastic wrap off and replace the foil back onto the quiche, then put directly from freezer to 400 degree oven – DO NOT THAW! Bake for one hour.